Emergency Management: Utilities and Shore Communities
Due to ongoing weather and FEMA aid filing deadlines, the NJLM Educational Foundation has moved the location and date of “Emergency Management: Utilities and Shore Communities” to
Wednesday September 28, 2011
8:30 AM – 3:00 PM
at the Scullville Fire Company
1708 Mays Landing-Somers Point Rd
Egg Harbor Township, NJ
Registration: Municipal - WORD or PDF or Non-Municipal - WORD or PDF
We are very aware that weather emergencies impact ALL communities throughout the state.
This full-day event will educate New Jersey communities most affected by weather emergencies on the resources available to them from the utilities that service them including electric, phone, gas, and water; as well as emergency procurement procedures. The utilities will share and discuss their emergency planning, communication procedures, and provide contact information for cohesive coordination during weather emergencies. The afternoon will be dedicated to nuclear utility responses and related community coordination.
Please notify your emergency management personnel about the change in date and location for this valuable learning opportunity. CEUs are approved for CMFO, RMC, CPWM.
Schedule of Events:
8:30 a.m.-9:00a.m.-Registration, coffee, and networking
Welcome: Hon. Arthur Ondish, President, NJLM Educational Foundation;
Mayor, Mount Arlington
- Lt. Thomas Scardino, Assistant Bureau Chief, Emergency Preparedness Bureau Emergency Management Section; Homeland Security Branch NJ State Police
- Vincent J. Jones III, Director, Dept. of Public Safety Office of Emergency Preparedness, Atlantic County
- Gordon Ball, Senior Procurement Specialist, Department of Community Affairs
10:15a.m.-12:00p.m. -Utility Representatives
- Sam Delgado, Vice President of External Affairs, Verizon
- Jeff Mittlers, Regional Resource Manager, Atlantic City Electric
- Kevin Carr, Program Resiliency Manager, PSEG Services Corp.
- Scott Para Security Manager, New Jersey American Water
- Anthony Aquila, Homeland Security Specialist, NJNG – Natural Gas Sector
Questions and Answers
12:00p.m.-1:00p.m.-Lunch and networking
1:00p.m.-3:00p.m-Afternoon presentation on nuclear utility responses and community impacts:
- Tom Joyce, President, PSEG Nuclear (invited)
- Lt. Thomas Scardino, Assistant Bureau Chief,
Emergency Preparedness Bureau; Emergency Management Section;
Homeland Security Branch, NJ State Police
Questions and Answers